Direct Care Floater
The Direct Care Floater is responsible for providing in-home personal care and assistance in daily living tasks according to the daily routine of individuals who are physically disabled, mentally alert or mentally challenged and performing clerical duties as needed. You will have to cover consumers in a multi-county area.
Floater duties include both in-office clerical duties and personal care duties as back-up, and emergency personal care services as they arrive. The Floater provides a full range of Attendant Care services including but not limited to the following: transferring into and out of bed, wheelchair, and motor vehicle; personal care including bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, meal preparation, feeding and clean up; housekeeping including laundry, dusting, vacuuming, etc.; mobility assistance that involves ambulation and travel outside the home, shopping, medical appointments, etc.; and health maintenance according to a consumer's needs. The Floater reports to Service Provision changes in circumstances that could have a detrimental effect on the safety of consumers. The schedule for the Floater is in shifts: 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or 2:00 p.m. -10:30 p.m. The Floater reports to either the Johnstown or Duncansville office as needed.
· 6 months experience in Personal Care required, CNA preferred.
· Must be 18 years of age or older and have proof of a high school diploma or GED.
· On the job training required to provide health maintenance.
· The ability to lift 75 pounds. (proper lifting and transfer technique will be taught)
· Must have dependable transportation with a valid PA driver’s license.
· Must complete a 5-day orientation / training in Johnstown.
· Reference checks.
· State Police, Child Line Fingerprint Check, Child Abuse Clearances, MA Fraud, and FBI Check.
· Drug testing required.